Saturday, February 27, 2010

7.0 Earthquake in Okinawa this Morning

Stayed with A's folks and A last night. Had fun watching the Olympics and playing Wii! At about 5:30 am I woke up because the house was starting to shake. A did not wake up. Then the house REALLY started shaking and I had to grab onto A's head and get both of us up and under a doorway. It went on shaking and throwing things from the walls/shelves onto the ground. Thankfully it stopped with little damage. A's folks live in a part of Okinawa with a higher elevation so I was not too worried about the tsunami warning and went back to bed. Glad the tsunami never hit and the earthquake had little to no damage!

Turns out it was about a 7.0.
Heres some more info on CNN

2 comments:

  1. earthquake sounds like a pretty intense experience. glad everyone's and everything is all right.
    that type of spider scared the living crap out of me and Kelly one night and then i saw one in school and the teacher didn't even blink when i frantically pointed him out; after that, my anxiety went up and i barely reacted when one of them was in my house. i wonder how, with your fear, you were able to take this photo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. E! This type of Oki Spider is the WORST! I have had 2 before in my apartment.....wow that was quite the scene, screaming, vacuum cleaners, long sticks etc......
    Even the small ones make me scream and run the other direction. Once there was one like this at A's parents house and nobody even cared...I got a few pretty good pics of it before I had to run away.

    This picture though is actually not even mine...I stole it off the internet.....I don't think I could have gotten this close to it....nope.

    ReplyDelete