Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Hiyashi Chuka


お久しぶりですね!!! Long Time No See ! ! !  I apologise for my absence BUT the past few months have been crazy crazy busy!!!!!  I have been swamped with online University classes from the U of C.  As well, the Canadian Invasion was awesome but Jam Packed with adventures, my Sister and her Boyfriend (now fiance) came to visit for a few weeks and 2 days after they left my Sickly Parents arrived in Okinawa after their Asian Adventure and stayed for 3 weeks.  The visits were really great and after everyone left I was quite lonely, missing my family and expecting more of them to walk in the door at any minute.  I recovered by burying myself in my studies and preparing for our move to Canada.  Which I won't talk about right now....... I would rather talk about food.  Yes, yumm, food.  It's been getting hot again, so all I want to eat is salad and ice cream.  So I made this delicious cold noodle salad called "Hiyashi Chuka"  Beneath all the delicious veggies are cold Ramen Noodles.  Add whatever veggies float your boat but the most common are: cucumber, tomato, sprouts. I splurged and added goya and mizuna.  For protein this dish has lean chicken breast, sliced ham, and a cold half boiled egg.  To top it off you can add your favourite dressing, oil & vinegar, lemon soy, or my favourite, sesame vinegar (ごまたれ).  It was as delicious as it looks.  Give it a try this summer on a hot day (for lunch or dinner) and you won't regret it!  



Hopefully I won't be absent for too long...... I will try my best to give a blog shout out once in a while!  xo J Kat

1 comment:

  1. Our convalescence, recuperation, and speedy recovery from our Japanese Colds at the Haebaru Care Home (aka Julies' house) was the result of rest and eating meals produced from Julies' super cute little kitchen...we were continually amazed by the quality of the meals produced with apparent ease. The above mentioned salad looks yummy, and we are looking forward to Julie sharing the cooking duties/ kitchen with her Dad.

    ReplyDelete