Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Things I Will Miss

[抹茶 - Green Tea Pon de Ring]

I am really looking forward to moving back to Canada this August.  But I am definitely going to be missing some things about my life in Okinawa.  One thing in particular is Mister Donuts - Green Tea Confectionaries. They are these wonderfully chewy bites of heaven.  I have no idea what they are made of but I THINK they might be made with rice flour?!  Correct me if I am wrong, please.   

[Tofu with かつおぶし and ゆずぽんず]

I did not really eat Tofu while living in Canada.  Tofu is very popular, fresh, cheap, and delicious in Okinawa/Japan. So I have really started to appreciate Tofu for the greatness that it offers.  I never thought I would EVER say this BUT I will miss Tofu. Especially a chunk of Tofu with bonito flakes and yuzu ponzu.  

2 comments:

  1. Hi Julie,
    As a fellow food lover and Albertan I have to say I enjoy your blog. I also suspect I am your replacement JET in Haebaru, so I've got an added layer of interest. :-)

    If my suspicions are correct, I think the BoE will hook us up soon, but I'd love to email with you regardless - even if you aren't my predecessor.

    Kelly
    kanne (at) shaw.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This is very exciting news! I like your blog too! I will send u a message!

    ReplyDelete