Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Island Pork Tenderloin

I love pork tenderloin. The meat is always tender and low in fat, therefore quite healthy. Usually it is quite expensive to buy, so what I like to do is stock up on it when it is on sale. I found 2 big tenderloins for only about 700 yen (about 7 dollars).

I usually marinade the meat in a red wine/rosemary/garlic type sauce, or soy/garlic. I wanted to step out of the box so I gave this recipe for Island Pork Tenderloin from Epicurious a try. It was shockingly DELICIOUS! The pictures do not do it any justice :( but believe me when I say that it ROCKED!

I did not make the salad as instructed in the recipe. I bought a pre-made goya salad from Max-Valu and it was great. As well, I changed the dressing a bit by using fresh shiquasa and orange juice, and a bit of sugar to keep it from being overly sour.


I paired the meal up with some Sour Cream and Carrot Mashed Potatoes. Boiled potatoes and carrots mashed up with butter, sour cream, freshly diced parsley, and salt & pepper.


The Goya Salad with "Curry" dressing" Nice and light and refreshing.


The pork tenderloin with the glaze.


No comments:

Post a Comment