Tuesday, November 10, 2009

It's Nabe Time!

Last week, the weather cooled down to a chilly 20 degrees celsius. And boy was that a shock to the body after sitting at 30 degrees morning, noon, and night for the past 4 months. It was rainy, windy, and down right COLD :) ...

The only thing I could think about doing to warm myself up was to fire up the NABE!!!! YAY! The first nabe of the year. Nabe is basically a hot pot filled with meat, veggies, tofu, and delicious broth. It is popular to cook this dish on the dining table, therefore heating up the room and adding a cozy eating environment!


When the Nabe is ready to eat, I like to scoop the deliciousness into a small bowl with grated Daikon and Ponzu (a light citrusy soy-type sauce).

PHOTO TEMPORARILY REMOVED

Getting the Nabe going. Adding veggies and meat into a Kimchee Broth!!!! Yeah!


[Bubba being the Nabe Bugyo!]

Hooray for Nabe! Although, I must tell you all that after only a few chilly days, the weather did a complete 180 degrees BACK to summer. I currently have my AIR CONDITIONER on RIGHT NOW!!!!! Okinawa is sitting back up at a toasty 28 degrees in November. Thank Goodness?!

No comments:

Post a Comment