Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Spaghetti and Meatballs (and wine)



I am practicing how to take more BEAUTIFUL pictures of food. This one turned out really well I think. AND it tasted as good, if not better, than it looks!

I never had Spaghetti and Meatballs when I was a child. Thinking back on it, if my parents had made Spaghetti and Meatballs I probably would have screamed and cried, threw a fit because it wasn't "normal" Spaghetti, not eaten any dinner, and subsequently my parental units would have avoided making Spaghetti and Meatballs ever again. Correct me if I am wrong.

Now that I am a little bit older, with MUCH MORE refined tastes <::> INDEEED! I am able to appreciate the simple complexities of that which is the meatball. I want to give you a recipe of some sorts, but as I am writing this foody type blog-a-rino I am realizing that I don't really use measurements in my recipes. I use ingredients and my eyes and hands..... so perhaps this food blog will be totally useless to many... and I apologize. Here are the ingredients I used in my delicious meatball-i-o's:

beef, chopped parsley, finely grated garlic, finely grated onion, garlic powder, bread crumbs (panko), worchestershire sauce, salt & peppa, parmesan cheese, italian spices

squish everything together, make little baby meatballs, fry them up, cool and drain them on some paper towel before putting them into the tomato sauce.

with the tomato sauce, I would recommend that anything works, just be sure to put a good splash of red wine, parmesan cheese, garlic, and oregano in there.

There ya have it, Spaghetti and Meatballs, a classic, a favourite, and so easy too! Make your kids like it!

Recommended music to listen to while cooking this dish: Lucinda Williams, Car Wheels on a Gravel Road

3 comments:

  1. Laughing at the comments about your' parents reaction to the refusal to eat spaghetti and meatballs...we actually did make (and eat) Spag & Meatballs fairly regularly. Not memorable? Certainly a plainer version of the above meatball recipe. Anyway, I think I'll as JD to try your recipe.
    --JM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember there being sweet and sour meatballs BUT I can't remember ever having spaghetti and meatballs....hmmmm maybe I have blocked that experience from my memory...interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful pic of food. i think using ryukyu glass definitely adds to it. :) i think it's great that you don't use measurements. i start out following recipes and trying to use their measurements but then never do, so this way i can just experiment and hope it turns out looking and tasting like yours. :)

    ReplyDelete