Tuesday, January 19, 2010

School Lunch - 学校給食 - Tuesday

During lunch, the students eat in their classrooms with their home room teachers. I usually eat in the Teachers Office with other Teachers that do not have homeroom classes. This includes the Principal, Vice Principal, and Office Staff. Sometimes I eat with the students if they invite me to join their class.

Tuesday is my delegated day to help set-up lunch in the Teachers Office. We start setting up lunch at around 1pm and eat at 1:15pm.

[ Lunch Tray Assembly Line - Teachers Office ]

TUESDAY'S MENU

「牛乳、べにいもきんとん、むぎごはん、おやこどん」

[ Milk, Mashed Okinawan Purple Sweet Potato, White Rice cooked with Barley, Oyakodon (Donburi-Rice Bowl Dish with Chicken, Egg, Green Onion, Simmered in Sauce and then poured over rice) ]

Rating: * * * 3 Stars

Comments: This was ok. I don't really care for the Fish Cake (Kamaboko) in the Oyakodon and the Mashed Sweet Potato was a bit too sweet and heavy.

After lunch is over, the students clean up after lunch and clean the school. I always help the office ladies clean up after lunch.

[ Cleaning Up ]

No comments:

Post a Comment