Wednesday, January 20, 2010

School Lunch - 学校給食 - Wednesday

Everyday, a truck from the School Lunch Center delivers the food to a special room in the school. They bring enough food to feed 762 people. The Center makes food for all of the Elementary Schools and Junior High Schools in Haebaru. Feeding a total of 4265 people everyday!

[ Students Carting Food Back to Their Classrooms ]

[ Food Storage Facility ]

[ Food Storage Facility in School ]

[ Dishing out the food for the Staff Room ]

Everyday, the school lunch menu contains about 850 calories. I usually eat about half of what is portioned out for me because I have started putting on the "School Lunch Pounds".

WEDNESDAY'S MENU

「牛乳、アーモンド、バナナ、メンチカツ、にこみうどん」

[ Milk, Almonds, A Banana, Mincemeat Cutlet, Nikomi Udon Noodles (in a miso sauce) ]

Rating: * * * 3 stars

Comments: I am not a Banana kinda girl. I do not like plain Banana. Although, I do like Banana Bread, Pie, Cake etc. The Udon Noodles were ok....but they had a slight sweet flavour to them that I was not a huge fan of.

[ Lot's of Banana's and Milk Not Consumed ]

No comments:

Post a Comment